So this is my new book reading blog, welcome to anyone who has just arrived. Anyway here is the books that I have purchased in the month of May. Some of these I have already read and some I am currently reading.
So to the first book that I purchased this month which was Insurgent by Veronica Roth, now after re-reading Divergent I was very very excited for this book but I have some grave news...I may be the one and only person on the planet who does not like this book. I am half way through it and I am seriously struggling, it reminds me a lot of Mockingjay, the final installment in the Hunger Games trilogy, and my least favourite in the trilogy, which is possibly why I am struggling so much with this book.
So far I am disappointed with how the series seems to be progressing but no doubt I will have to have another go with it and see if I can get any further.
The second book that I purchased this month is Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher, so far I am really enjoying this book however a few others have taken over and this has been pushed to the back of the shelf. It is a very interesting book with a plot unlike anything else that I have come across. I honestly can't say much about this book at all...
The next book which I got in May was Wither by Lauren Destefano...Oh my...This has to be my favourite book as of yet, it was such a thrilling read that kept me on the edge of my seat. I had high hopes for this book because I was quite sick of the typical dystopian novels which I have become used to what with a corrupt government and fighting blah blah blah, but this was something entirely different. It was like a dystopian novel meets a hint of Jane Eyre, well at least that's how I picture it and I am probably the only one. Not sure on whether I will do a stand alone review of this one because I didn't write any notes and it has been a few weeks since I read it but perhaps I will re-read it and take notes the next time for review.
After struggling slightly with Thirteen Reasons Why I didn't think that I would be able to get into this one but Lauren Oliver is an amazing writer. Before I Fall is a great book with an amazing story behind it which I loved. I fell in love with the character Sam who is the narrator of the story through the novel even though at the beginning she seems like a mean girl, however in the course of one week in which she relives the day of her death she becomes a better person and someone who wants to change the lives of others even though she knows that her life is over.
I know I bought kind of a lot of books this month and this is probably why I am struggling to get through them all before I go on holiday but this one is one that I am definitely doing a review on within the next few days (I promise) So I will go into more detail then...
White Wedding by Milly Johnson is a very lighthearted summer read that I really enjoyed and is one that I may consider for review in the future however I am not sure how much I could talk about without giving anything away, the plot is divided into the three womens weddings, with Bel's first then Max's and finally Violet's and we get an insight into their lives and what their futures will be like. This book is really easy and each chapter is only a few pages long making the book 103 chapters long.
Remembrance by Michelle Madow is a book that I did not pick because of the back but instead by the cover. I know it is the number one thing you should not do but just look at it. It is beautiful and I am hoping that the story within will also be a beautiful one. I think it will be a romance with a twist and I really hope it will be as good as I want it to be.
So thats all for my books that I bought in May sorry that it was so late but i've been super busy.
I look forward to seeing you all next month
Leigh xoxo







No comments:
Post a Comment