Sunday, 1 July 2012

June Book Haul 2012

Hey everyone, 


So it's the end of the month and I promise that i'm prepared and this will go up on the right date, it's actually the 29th so i'm 2 days early and I hope that I remember to put this up on the 1st of July but knowing me chances are it wont be up until later on. 


Anyway the first book that I bought this month was Fever by Lauren Destefano which is the second book in the Chemical Garden trilogy. 




I read Wither a couple of months ago and it was one of my favourite books of this year so I just had to buy the sequel. To be perfectly honest this book is a mystery to me because I didn't even read the back which is normally the first thing that I do before I even think about buying a book but because I know it will just be a continuation of the story I never thought to read it. Anyway I know this was a pointless little babble since I can't even tell you anything about this book but I recommend that you read the first before even reading the back of this one because i've done that so many times and have ruined the story for myself before even starting it.


The second book that I got this month was Pretties by Scott Westerfeld which is the second book in the Uglies series. 




This book was not as good as the first one but was still a pretty good book (pretty good...see what I did there). I absolutely love the idea of the world that Westerfeld creates in this series with people who look normal in our society being deemed ugly and who at the age of sixteen undergo major cosmetic surgery to make them "Pretty". At first Pretties seem to be the perfect choice, they have wild parties, look amazing and even have their own dialogue however under this facade is a deeper more sinister truth. All in all this is a very good series with a very different take on the dystopian genre.


The next book that I bought in June was A Summer Fling by Milly Johnson.




I read the back of this online and immediately fell in love with it, as with White Wedding this novel has 4 or 5 main characters all with a different story to tell and each chapter is only pages long making this book around 100 chapters long. After reading White Wedding I fell in love with Milly Johnson's style of writing and knew that this book was going to  be a good one. I haven't read this book yet because i've been saving it for my holiday which I am away on tomorrow but i'm really excited about reading this one.


The fourth book that I bought was Endless Summer by Jennifer Echols which is made up of two novels in one.




This book really caught my eye after I read The Summer I Turned Pretty and seemed to me like it was going to be similar, same as above I haven't actually read this yet because i've been saving it for going away but it seems like it will be a light-hearted romance novel which I am sure I will enjoy, although one thing that I already don't like about this is the cover because now reading it I will already have a picture of the characters in my head and wont form my own picture of what I think that they will look like, this is one problem that I have with books that have covers with people on them, if it is a film cover then that is okay because i've already formed my opinion of characters based on who plays them in the movie but when it's just strangers on the cover I seem to have a problem with it.


The next book that I got is The Selection by Kiera Cass and OH MY.




This book is the best thing i've read in 2012!!!!! Possibly the best thing i've read EVER!!! This book has me written all over it. Just look at that cover. It. Is. Beautiful. The story is basically about a family who have a teenage daughter who is entered into a draw in order to become one of 35 girls who have the chance to become the newest member of the Royal family by marrying the King and Queen's son Maxton. I adore the characters in this book and I adore the plot and I adore the lifestyle and the dresses and everything. Never have I read a book and wanted to go and design dresses more than with this book, I know it sounds so crazy but it's true. I will shortly be doing a review of this book along with the Delerium review which I have promised you all for months now...


The sixth book that I bought this month was Specials by Scott Westerfeld.




After finishing Pretties I wasn't too excited about this book but nevertheless I bought it anyway because I had 10% off making this book about £4 so you can't really go wrong with that. This book only arrived yesterday so I don't really have much to say about it apart from that it's the third book in the Uglies series and I have a feeling it is not going to be one of my favourites in the series itself. 


And Finally book number seven is Kiss Me I'm Irish by Roxanne St. Claire, Jill Shalvis and Maureen Child.




Now just take a minute to look at this book...I bet you can't guess what it was that caught my attention. Never mind that fact it contains the word Irish and yes I probably will read this entire book in an Irish accent but look at that body. This book is tiny, perfect handbag size which is just what i've been looking for. It contains 3 books in one and all of which sound really cute and romantic.


Anyway that's all from me for another month and I will hopefully have a review or two up before the end of July for you all


See you all soon


Leigh xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment