Wednesday, 2 January 2013

Birthday and Christmas Book Haul

Hey everyone,

So it's been a really long time since I actually blogged anything of substance so I decided to do one last haul before I start monthly wrap up posts instead. So, for my birthday and Christmas I asked for a few books, a few meaning a lot, from what I can remember. 

For those of you who don't recognise this book this is book number 4 in A Song of Ice and Fire series by George. R. R. Martin. About 2 or 3 weeks ago an old friend got me back into this series and i'd honestly forgotten how much I loved it so naturally when I finished a Storm of Swords part 2 I was extremely excited to make a start on this book and consequently I asked for this book for my birthday specifically so that I could get a head start on it before I get sucked in by the other books that I asked for.


So far I have read 2 chapters of this book and simply because I was so unwell today (20th December) I couldn't even face reading it which was devastating for me, i'm planning on getting a little read of this tonight and see how far I get with it. Update: I've read a good chunk of this book and i'm really enjoying it so far, it's nowhere near as good as A Storm of Swords but it's not as bad as I was expecting.

The second book that I got for Christmas was Dead in the Family by Charlaine Harris


I was so excited for this book because as you all know the Southern Vampire Mysteries are my favourite series of books next to A Song of Ice and Fire so I couldn't wait to get the final 3 books in the series that I didn't have so far. As of now i've read a little bit of this book and so far it's good although i've not read quite enough to know an awful lot about it. Anyway this is definitely one that I am going to demolish very very quickly.

The next book that I got was A Winter Flame by Milly Johnson.



As you all know I discovered Milly Johnson's books last year and adored both of the ones that I read so I decided to give this one a go because it just sounded like a really fun and interesting little book. This one will not be read particularly soon unfortunately because I have so many other books that are coming first but non the less i'm excited about this one.

The next book that I got was one that I don't even remember pointing out to my mum which is The Host by Stephenie Meyer


As you know I was a huge fan of Twilight before the films came out and I really liked the writing style so i'm hoping that this one turns out to be just as good, it's not a book i've done a lot of research on but i've seen that a lot of people have read it and so I wanted to give it a go.

Another book that I got was Vengeance by Michelle Madow.




I am not even sure if this book qualifies as a book considering it has a mere 50 pages and I have made it halfway through it already but never the less it's not a bad little read in between the other two books which I believe are larger.

The next book that I got was Dead Reckoning by Charlaine Harris.



I've not started to read this book yet obviously since I haven't made it through the one before that but I am hoping to get this one done soon too because I love the story and the characters and I really want to know what happens to them all in this book.

Another book that I got was Hidden by PC and Kristen Cast




This book is part of the House of Night series and i've started on it a little bit but it took me a wee bit to get into it because it was a year ago since I read the book before so I had to remember what was going on and who was doing what where the last book ended but again i'm looking forward to giving this a good go.

The next book is Now is Good by Jenny Downham. Previously known as Before I Die.



I have been reading this book even though I said i'd save it but so far i've made it to Chapter 10 and it's already made me cry, this is a first for me because it's always Nicholas Sparks books that make me cry and that's not right up until the very end but this one is amazing and so touching.

Another book that I got and was so excited about was A Dance with Dragons part 1 by George R. R. Martin



This book sounds so amazing, as you all know this series is by far the best series i've ever read and I was so excited to unwrap this on Christmas day even though I still have to read a Feast for Crows I can't wait to give this one a go. I'm sad to be finishing the series while i'm so unsure when the next book will be out, it could be months, it could be years. You never know with George!

Okay down to two more books now yayyy! The second last book that I got for Christmas was Deadlocked by Charlaine Harris.



This book as some of you may know is the latest book that Charlaine has brought out in the Southern Vampire Mysteries, I can't believe i've nearly caught up with every book in the series so far and i'm so excited to read this one and with only one to go i'm so excited to see how the series ends!

And finally the last book that I got for Christmas is the second part of A Dance with Dragons by George R. R. Martin.



Again as with all of his other books I can't wait to read this and get finished with the series so far and see how it ends.

Leigh xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment