August Wrap Up
Hey everyone,
I can't believe it's that time again, this year has flown by so quickly and i'm determined to reach my goal of 50 books as soon as I can, this month I had a few new things going on in my life and so reading was put on the back burner a little bit what with interviews for jobs, job hunting itself and a little bit of romance August has been a very good month.
The first thing that I read was Here Come The Girls by Milly Johnson
This book was absolutely amazing, by far one of the best that i've read this year, it had romance, it had travel and it had friendship. What more could you want? This story was a really good one and I managed to read it pretty quickly. If you would like to see a full review then you can find it here: http://themagicalworldofleg.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/here-come-girls-by-milly-johnson-review.html
The next book that I read was My Soul to Take by Rachel Vincent
This book was one that I was really unsure about but since reading this first one I quickly decided that I really want to read the rest of the series because it's something a little bit different, if you like the Shadow Falls series then i'd definitely recommend this one to you because it's similar in a way and has that supernatural element but not the usual vampires/werewolves/witches/fairys type of supernatural.
The third book that I read in August was The Red Queen by Philippa Gregory

This book took a good while to get through but it was most definitely worth it in the end, the story was similar to that of The White Queen but told from a different angle and so this made it easier to understand as well as an interesting idea. I will not be doing a review of this one because it is part of a series but anyone who is interested in the royal family or historical novels are sure to love these. I'm hoping to read The King Makers Daughter as well as The White Princess in the future however The Lady of the Rivers isn't as appealing to me and so I will probably give that one a miss this time.
The fourth book that I read was My Soul to Save by Rachel Vincent.

I read this book within about 2 days it was such a good one, I loved the story and the book really added to the series really well and I absolutely loved it. This series is definitely one to check out if you like the Shadow Falls series or are into anything remotely supernatural related.
Anyway that's all from me this month, hopefully I can post some more next month for you all and i'll speak to you soon,
Leigh xoxo
The third book that I read in August was The Red Queen by Philippa Gregory
This book took a good while to get through but it was most definitely worth it in the end, the story was similar to that of The White Queen but told from a different angle and so this made it easier to understand as well as an interesting idea. I will not be doing a review of this one because it is part of a series but anyone who is interested in the royal family or historical novels are sure to love these. I'm hoping to read The King Makers Daughter as well as The White Princess in the future however The Lady of the Rivers isn't as appealing to me and so I will probably give that one a miss this time.
The fourth book that I read was My Soul to Save by Rachel Vincent.
I read this book within about 2 days it was such a good one, I loved the story and the book really added to the series really well and I absolutely loved it. This series is definitely one to check out if you like the Shadow Falls series or are into anything remotely supernatural related.
Anyway that's all from me this month, hopefully I can post some more next month for you all and i'll speak to you soon,
Leigh xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment