Sunday, 2 February 2014

January 2014 - Wrap-Up

Hey everyone,

I'm back again and I cannot believe that it's the end of January already. This month I did a little bit of reading and managed a grand total of 3 books,

The first book that I read was Dead Ever After by Charlaine Harris.



This book for those of you who are not familiar with the series is the final installment in the Southern Vampire Mysteries series upon which True Blood was based. This final book had a really nice little ending that really wrapped everything up nicely and i'm so glad to have completed the series because it was a really good one. 

The second book that I read was the Yorkshire Pudding Club by Milly Johnson.



As always with Milly Johnson this book was really good, the plot and characters were so easy to get into and it was the kind of book that I always want to read just one more page, it got to stages where I was literally falling asleep and forcing my eyes open just to finish another chapter, this is maybe why at one point this month I nearly fell asleep at my desk in work.

The third and final book that I read in January was City of Bones by Cassandra Clare.



After watching the film I just had to get this book even though I was breaking my book buying ban and it really was a brilliant book, I felt like I connected with the characters quicker than if I had not seen the film first but for me that took over the feeling of sussing them all out and I felt like I could enjoy the story line more. The whole book was a real page turner again and I can't wait to get my hands on the next book in the series even if I am forcing myself to read another book that I already have in between.

Anyway that's all from me this month,

Leigh xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment