Saturday, 8 December 2012

50 Books That I Read In 2012...

Hey everyone,

So I finally made it to 50 books which in itself is a miracle considering that in 2011 I read maybe one or two books, down below is a break down of every book that I read in 2012 and a little about what I thought of them (if I can remember that is).

1. Divergent by Veronica Roth

This was the first dystopian novel that I read and I loved this whole idea of a whole new post apocalyptic world. I really enjoyed this book as much as I expected to and it was definitely going to be the first of many dystopian novels that I read this year.

2. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

Again the dystopian idea really intrigued me and I read this one because the whole Hunger Games idea seemed really interesting. After reading this book I definitely wasn't disappointed

3. Matched by Ally Condie

This book wasn't the best out of all of the dystopian novels that I read but I liked it a little.

4. Dragons Oath by PC and Kristen Cast

This was a nice little companion to The House of Night series and gave us the viewpoint of a character that we are not used to which was a refreshing change. I liked Dragon's story and how he met the love of his life.

5. Destined by PC and Kristen Cast

This book was so long ago that i've forgotten exactly how it went but I do remember liking it more than I expected to.

6. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

This book was a very good follow up to The Hunger Games and I liked the story as much as the first one.

7. Lenobias Vow by PC and Kristen Cast

Again this was another nice companion detailing the life of Lenobia in the run up to becoming a vampire and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

8. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

This book was a let down. I was very disappointed with this and hated the book, it really ruined the series for me and I was not in love with the whole story.

9. The Book of Tomorrow by Cecelia Ahern

This book is certainly one that shouldn't be judged by it's cover, the cover for this book is absolutely beautiful and I thought it would be just as amazing inside but again sadly I was disappointed.

10. The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han

This was a lighthearted summer romance novel that is really tiny and I read it very quickly but definitely enjoyed it.

11. Rosie Hopkins Sweetshop of Dreams by Jenny Colgan

This was a nice wee cheery read and reminded me a wee bit of Welcome to the Cupcake Cafe which I read last year and adored so this was another nice wee story

12. A Summer Fling by Milly Johnson

This book was really good, I love the layout of this book and I fell in love with all of the characters so easily and it was definitely 

13. White Wedding by Milly Johnson

This was another really great girly book and not at all like I expected, it was so much better and urged me to read more of Milly Johnson's books

14. Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater

I read this thinking it would be amazing but to be honest I didn't love it, I didn't hate it either it was just meh?

15. Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver

I loved this. This was the book that changed my outlook on life the most this year and I enjoyed the whole concept of it even though it is scary how short life is and how we have to enjoy it while it lasts.

16. Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher

I can't say anything good about this one unfortunately because I struggled to get through it for months, eventually I got there but I didn't feel a connection to any of the characters at all which made it hard to get through.

17. Uglies by Scott Westerfeld

I thought this was a really good little book, I liked the concept and out of the series (what i've read of it) this one was my favourite.

18. Insurgent by Veronica Roth

I started off reading this book and unfortunately it took me a while to get into it which wasn't what I was expecting, it seemed to take the typical dystopian fighting against the government rubbish on which I really didn't enjoy.

19. Flawless by Sara Shepherd

Another fantastic little book, I can't exactly remember what happened but I really liked how the books differ from the TV Show and it has me on the edge of my seat every time I read one of the books.

20. Delirium by Lauren Oliver

This was another book that I loved and I wrote a review on this one on here earlier on in the year.

21. It's Not Summer Without You by Jenny Han

This is a nice little sequel but I wasn't completely sold on it because I never purchased the last book in the trilogy

22. Living Dead in Dallas by Charlaine Harris

I read this book so so long ago that I can't remember how it was but I did continue the series and so I think it must have been good.

23. Club Dead by Charlaine Harris

This book was my least favourite in the series so far and I struggled with it but eventually continued on with the series

24. Pretties by Scott Westerfeld

I didn't like this book as much as the first and I felt that it was very repetitive in parts.

25. Wither by Lauren Destefano

I loved the idea of this book, it's scary yet possible and I was on the edge of my seat the whole way through.

26. Remembrance by Michelle Madow

This was one of the best books that i've read this year and I can't wait to give Vengeance a go.

27. Fever by Lauren Destefano

I'd heard mixed reviews about the sequel to Wither and I wasn't sure what to think but it was definitely a good second novel and i'm excited to read the next one whenever it comes out.

28. Dead to the World by Charlaine Harris

29. Dead as a Doornail by Charlaine Harris

30. The Boys Next Door by Jennifer Echols

This was my book of the summer and is definitely one that I would read again and again, I feel like the book has been done so many times but I really enjoy the whole concept of it and really liked it.

31. Endless Summer by Jennifer Echols

This summer read is perfect and is the next part to the boys next door.

32. The Selection by Kiera Cass

This book was seriously amazing and I can't understand why it has such bad reviews on goodreads because I loved it. I love a good love story and I really want them to make this book into a film or a TV show.

33. A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin

It took me so long to decide whether to read this book but once I did I definitely didn't regret  it, this was one of the most unique but interesting books that I have ever read.

34. Definitely Dead by Charlaine Harris

35. From Dead to Worse by Charlaine Harris

This was another one that yet again I can't remember but next year I plan to re-read the series and post a few posts on each and every one of the books.

36. All Together Dead by Charlaine Harris

Again this was a while ago and so I don't remember exactly what happened but this was an amazing book and the series is by far my favourite of all of the vampire novels that i've read. I remember that it was such a calamity to get hold of this book and I now have 2 copies. 

37. A Clash of Kings by George R. R. Martin

This was my least favourite of the series so far because I felt like all of the fighting was very drawn out and this book just seemed to go much slower than the first one that I adored.

38. Perfect by Sara Shepherd 

I can't remember exactly what happened in this book because i'd been reading it on my phone for a few weeks while I tried to get off to sleep at night, but I do remember that I really enjoyed it and can't wait to continue on with the series.

39. Unbelievable by Sara Shepherd

This book was a really good one and finally we get to find out just who A is which has been killing me since the first book, I felt like it all pieced together and made it so worth reading 3 books before getting to it.

40. A Storm of Swords Part 1 by George R. R. Martin

This is by far my favourite of all of the series so far and I literally raced through this book it was so good, I loved the characters and I loved the plot so much more than the book that I read before.

41. A Touch of Dead by Charlaine Harris

This is a series of short stories joining with the Southern Vampire Mysteries, they are really short but I found them to be very enjoyable and would definitely like to read them again.

42. Dead and Gone by Charlaine Harris

I really enjoyed this book, it was so hard to put down and so I finished it in a matter of days. This continues on the story of the characters from the Southern Vampire Mysteries and so I can't talk about it too much.

43. The Sins of His Past by Roxanne St Claire

This book was not at all like i'd expect and to be quite honest I picked up the book for the cover but I really enjoyed it, it was short and sweet and not too dragged out however I was not expecting the semi-saucy bits which I happened to read on the bus at 8:30am.

44. Tangling with Ty by Jill Shalvis 

This was a nice little story, however again with the saucy bits...

45. Whatever Reilly Wants by Maureen Child 

I read this book while I was in class waiting on my friend Angela finishing her assessment and I pretty much finished the whole thing, again there were a few naughty bits but overall it was a very good little story.

46. Wicked by Sara Shepherd 

47. Killer by Sara Shepherd

This was one of my favourites in the series so far and I loved it, I have already started on the next book and am loving it already.

48. A Storm of Swords Part 2 by George R. R. Martin 

This book was amazing! No other word for it, this was definitely the best book of the series so far...

49. Heartless by Sara Shepherd

Again this series is outstanding so far and the storyline just keeps you guessing even though I already know some of the things that happen i'm still finding myself guessing...

50. Wanted by Sara Shepherd


This book really dragged me in as the whole plot was full of twists and turns and you never know what to expect. 

I finished reading this last book really late at night and it took me until the next morning to realise that i'd made it to 50. This year has been so good for me and after spending a good few years in a reading slump this year really got me back into the world of books. I really want to thank my readers, each and every view that my blog gets puts a huge smile on my face and I hope that you all stick with me in the future.

Speak to you all soon 

Leigh xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment