Friday, 1 February 2013

January Wrap Up 2013

Hey everyone, 

Happy new year, can't believe it's the end of January already (even though i'm starting typing this early so actually it's only the 2nd) Anyway here are my new posts for the end of the month outlining exactly what I read during the month and what I hope to read next month. Update: it's now the 26th and this month has been the longest ever, i'm not a fan of January anyway but this one seems incredibly long.

1. A Feast for Crows by George R. R. Martin 



In the month of January I managed to read my way from page 299 to the end of this book. This one was a bit of a struggle to be perfectly honest, I think I was spoiled with A Storm of Swords Part 1 and 2 being particularly easy and interesting however this one has reminded me that there is also the bits that take a little more work. I am hoping that this is just because nothing of substance is actually happening right now and that the next book will pick up like ASOS did, in between amazing books with tons of action George R R Martin seems to do a more muted one with not so much action to fill us in on the more mundane lives of minor characters. This book definitely picked up nearer the end and it wasn't so much of a struggle. Nevertheless the series is still the best i've ever read and I can't wait to read the next book.

2. Not My Wolf by Eden Cole



This book is a really small one and was most definitely not what I was expecting but I thoroughly enjoyed it, it's definitely only for an adult audience but nevertheless it is a good little book. With only 6 chapters I managed to read this in the space of a couple of hours, after expecting something relating to werewolves I was surprised by what it was actually about. I got this book free on amazon for the kindle app on my iphone but I also found it online for free as a pdf file. Just to warn anyone under the age of 18 that this book is an adult book and does contain sexual scenes and be sure to read the synopsis before diving into this one.

3. Dead in the Family by Charlaine Harris



I've been reading this book over the past few weeks simply because this series is my favourite and I still adore the whole route this series is taking. I have 2 more books from the series to get stuck into and I have already made a start on Dead Reckoning which has by far my favourite cover of all of the books that I have (mainly because Alcide is on it) This book was an interesting one and I actually leared a little bit of history while reading it, I love the way Charlaine Harris brings in people that have died in the past and makes them vampires. I've never been a history fan and so in this book when one of the members of the last Russian Royal Family popped up I had to do a little research on whether or not he was a real person which it turns out he was which is exciting and brings a little something extra to the story.

4. What He Wants by Eden Cole


Just want to put a little disclaimer out there but this one is another one to be aware of the synopsis before ready as it's a little risky. This was another really short one but nevertheless it had good writing skill and a lot of dirty bits but none the less it was a good short story.

5. Vengeance by Michelle Madow



This was an extremely short book, I was expecting it to be about the same length as the first book in the series but it was only 50 pages long which was disappointing initially but after reading it even though it had very little content it had a good little story to it and it definitely fills the gap between the first book and the next in the series. I liked this little short story but i'm hoping for better things from the next book in the series.

6. A Winter Flame by Milly Johnson



As you all know i'm a huge fan of Milly Johnson after reading White Wedding last year and then going on to read a Summer Fling, her work really appeals to me in a chick-lit girly sort of way and this book is going extremely well so far, I managed to finish this book quite quickly and it had a really nice storyline and i really want to read more books by Milly Johnson. Something which interests me about Milly Johnsons work is that she incorporates characters from other stories, With White Wedding the store owner is named Freya and we meet her a few times, then in A Summer Fling she pops up again, while in White Wedding again we meet Violet who owns an ice cream parlor and has popped up in A Winter Flame, I love these little touches and i'm sure I will encounter other characters as I read more and more of her books. 

That's all from me this month and I hope that you all enjoyed this post.

Speak to you all soon

Leigh xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment