My Top 10 Covers
Hey everyone, so I know it's been a while and I really wanted to catch up with you all and so I did a little researching on what to do on this blog because I don't have very many really good ideas at the minute but I found a few new and exciting things that I could put in here for you all and this is one of the first projects that I wanted to do.
As you all know i'm a sucker for a nice, well presented, beautiful cover on a book and I most certainly judge the book by it and so I decided to share with you all a few of my favourite covers of all time.
I tried to put these in order so i'm going from my number 1 down to number 10
1. Remembrance by Michelle Madow.
Just look at that cover art. The model is amazingly beautiful and I absolutely adore the masquerade theme, it suits the whole theme of the book and I definitely only chose to read this one because of the cover and surprisingly I really enjoyed it. This is a cover that I want put on display, i'd put this picture on canvas and have it displayed in my room if I could it's just amazing. I love the way the blue light comes in from the side and how it accentuates the white of the feathers and almost gives them a lilac hue, the mask itself is so intricate and gorgeous. This cover is my ultimate favourite i've ever seen.
2. The Book of Tomorrow by Cecelia Ahern
This book again is so pretty that I paid extra for hardcover just so that I could display it. I love the way that the page looks like it is being turned and the gold detailing underneath is just beautiful. The continuation of the gold accents on top of the pinky purple background looks both elegant and inspiring, this cover just makes me want to dive into a world where this book exists. Unfortunately the book itself was a disappointment but I still adore the cover even if it is just for display purposes.
3. Wither by Lauren Destefano
This cover is another of my favourites because I love the drama of it, the model is another very beautiful one and I love the dress which she is wearing and how the bird cage represents being trapped which is an important aspect of this book. The quote chosen for the cover is very captivating and made me want to dive into this book headfirst. Even the font used seems to suit the whole theme of the book very well and the colour scheme is very dark and sinister looking with the use of the dark indigo violet.
4. The Selection by Kiera Cass
The cover of this book really inspired me to start drawing again, the dress used on the cover is magnificent and I love the mirrored effect all over the cover. The crown over the font shows the importance of royalty in this book and gives an insight into what happens. The fact that the model is hiding her face really means a lot once you have read the book because the main character doesn't want to stick out. I also love the use of pink and blue as I think they really compliment each other.
5. Kiss Me, I'm Irish by Roxanne St Claire, Jill Shalvis and Maureen Child
This cover really speaks for itself and i'm sure you understand why I chose it. The man on the cover has a very nice body and the lipstick marks made me think that this book was going to be full of romance, something that i'm always attracted to. I really can't think of much more to say about this cover apart from the fact that it's beautiful.
6. Matched by Ally Condie
This cover is a really pretty one, as you can probably tell I am obsessed with dresses and fashion on book covers. This dress is another beautiful one and I love the green accent used in this cover, the gradient effect is something very classy looking and really matched the pop of green. The bubble which the girl is in is important as if you look at this book she is trapped inside the bubble whereas with the next one she is breaking out of the bubble and in the last book she is standing out of the bubble which is broken, this symbolises the way the main character is breaking out of society.
7. Grave Doubts and Heaven Sent by Meg Cabot
The cover of this book really appeals to me because I really like the colour. The matte black cover with shiny black swirls is really pretty and the font used is such a beautiful one. The colour used is mainly black but with the pop of purple really adds to the appeal of the book itself. The model on this one is very pretty with her black lined eyes and the fact that you could only see half of her face gives the book an air of mystery.
8. The Host by Stephenie Meyer
This book cover again makes me think of mystery, the fact that we can only see the eye of the model really makes you wonder what the whole book could be about and this was the main thing which drew me into this book. I've not actually read it yet but i'm really looking forward to getting into it in the next few months.
9. Divergent by Veronica Roth
I love anything holographic so when I saw this book I fell in love, the holographic effect is beautiful and I love the fact that the symbol of one of the factions is on the front. The book cover definitely made me pick it up but what's inside is just as good.
10. A Storm of Swords Part 2 Blood and Gold by George R. R. Martin
I love the colour of this book and it's definitely my favourite in the series in terms of content too, it's a simple cover but it's a favourite of mine. I really want to read this one again.
That's all from me
Speak to you all soon
Leigh xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment