1. The Road - Cormac McCarthy
I had to read this book for Higher English and I despised it. It might have been something to do with the fact that it was forced because since then i've read a plethora of Dystopian novels and loved them all. This book, I felt, was boring. It was very dragged out and seemed to go on forever. I didn't connect with the characters at all and I didn't feel any empathy for them especially as they begin to struggle to survive.
2. Nineteen Eighty-Four - George Orwell
Again, I had to read this for school and hated it. When I read about the book I thought it would be really good considering that it was the book that Big Brother was based on but I really didn't like it and whenever I see someone considering reading it I want to scream at them to stop, put it down and run away. I've never read any of Orwell's other books so I can't say whether it was just a bad book or if it's the same with his other works as well.
3. The Book of Tomorrow - Cecelia Ahern
Now, this book I wasn't forced to read but this book sends a message; "Don't judge a book by it's cover" That saying that everyone says well in this case it's very very true. The cover of this book is beautiful and I paid extra to get it in hardback however I don't think i'll ever read it again because I really couldn't get into it. It literally took me months to read because I found the story to be boring.
4. The Lovely Bones - Alice Sebold
So many people recommended this book to me and told me how amazing it was but to be perfectly honest I really didn't like it at all. I couldn't get into it. I didn't find the characters likable and I just had such high hopes for it that it ruined the whole experience for me. Even now I couldn't even tell you what happened at the end. It was that exciting and memorable.
5. The Subtle Knife - Phillip Pullman
I had to read Northern Lights in school and for once I really enjoyed it, however the sequel is another story. I read about a quarter of this and one day I hope to try it all over again but that day is not today. I couldn't get into the story even just a little bit which annoyed me because i'd loved the first book so it was simply a case of the sequel being a disappointment for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment