Saturday, 10 November 2012

Books to Films (TV Show's) Series #8 - Game of Thrones

A Song of Ice and Fire by George R. R. Martin
Book...

Before I started the series I was terribly unsure about whether I would like it or not but I have to say i'm hooked. This series is so good that it drags you into the story and the pictures that it builds of the world is so vivid that even without seeing the TV Programme I have a distinct picture of what the world looks like. The whole aspect of characters narrating different chapters is so intriguing and is something that i'm really interested in. 

TV Show...

I watched season 1 of the TV Show as I read book 1 and I really enjoyed it. There were a few gory bits that I couldn't watch as we went along but as a whole the rest was amazing and it is definitely a series that I look forward to between seasons.

Comparison...

PLOT...

The plot of series 1 is very similar to the book which surprised me because I thought it would  vary but it really doesn't. Down to the fact that I know when to look away because i've read it. I loved the way that the setting is exactly how I pictured it although I hadn't realised it for ages but i'd been picturing the King's Road as being tarmac like a normal road not a dirt track.

CHARACTERS...

The characters are amazing in these books and in the show, I already had an image of them from the show and so I never formed my own opinions but I really love the actors and actresses that were chosen for the roles. There are characters that you love and there are ones you hate and unlike traditional fiction the hero doesn't always make it to the end. This is what makes it so different from other books because George R. R. Martin believes in making emotional bonds with characters and the severing them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment