Saturday, 1 September 2012

August Book Haul 2012...

Hey everyone, 

So it's that time again, already, for my monthly book haul. This months is a very measly 2 books (well technically 3 but we'll get to that later) which is very disappointing but at the moment I have very little money and can't afford to buy books which makes me sad. I may even have to start borrowing books from the library instead. Anyway on with the haul.

The first book that I bought this month was A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin.



Now, this book has a really long story. I never expected this to be my thing but after actually sort of getting into season 2 of the TV Show I thought that I might give it a go and I am very impressed. I was looking into this book for several months and decided to hold off on buying it because I was unsure of whether it was my thing, but then my Dad (Hey if you are reading this) bought this book on his Kobo so I gave the first few chapters a go and fell in love with it. After I bought this in hard copy just over a week ago I began reading it from where I finished off and i'm now a third of the way through and can't wait to find out what happens. I love the characters. The Protagonists are amazing as are the Antagonists and you can't help but fall in love with every single one of them. I cannot wait to review this book in the future once i've finished it and continuing on with the series. Update: I am exactly halfway through this book and I absolutely adore it.

And now to the story. I ordered All Together Dead online with the Jason Stackhouse cover because it matched all of my other covers and plus Jason is a hottie right? But when it arrived in the post I opened it and got this;



Now unless i'm greatly mistaken that there is not Ryan Kwanten/Jason Stackhouse. That is in fact a woman. Who knew? So I wrote a letter to the sender about this and they said that they would give me a full refund and I wouldn't need to return the book. They were very nice about it and the person that I spoke to was very nice even though i'd been a little snappy in my e-mail.

Anyway so I went to another well known internet store and bought this one;



I've not really started reading this yet but I hope to once i'm off my AGOT kick. Anyway this is book 7 of The Southern Vampire Mysteries which I bought because so far i've loved the series and I managed to finish Definitely Dead in 4 days because it was so good. I'm looking forward to this and the rest of the series once this one is finished. Update: AGOT has most definitely taken over but I am halfway through this book and hope to have it finished ASAP.

Leigh xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment