This book has to be one of my all time favourites ever! I love the characters, I love the story and I love the ending. As with most Nicholas Sparks novels it makes me cry every time I read it and i've read it quite a few times. This was my first Nicholas Sparks book i'd read although it wasn't the first film of his that i'd seen although I hadn't realised that he was the author of the Notebook at that time.
Film...
When this film came out in the cinema I really wanted to go and see it but unfortunately nobody else wanted to join me so I had to wait until it came out on DVD and when it did I had alread devoured the book so the film had a lot to live up to. After watching it I loved the whole thing apart from the ending because it wasn't as tragic as the ending of the book but I still loved the whole thing just as much and it lived up to my expectations and made me cry for at least half of it.
Comparison...
Plot...
The plot of the book and the film are very similar and I was really pleased that it did the book justice. I love the setting of both the book and the film and in terms of differences between the two there are very little that I have noticed. The story is so touching that it makes me cry both in the book and film every time I read/watch it, it's not often that you find a book to film adaption that hasn't missed out massive vital chunks of the book when making the film. The ending of the film differs from the book significantly with the books ending being more tragic and upsetting but the film being on a happier note, however the last time I watched the film I realised that there was an alternative ending in the Special Features which depicts the book ending which I found really exciting.
Characters...
In terms of characters I read the book first however I already knew what actors were playing the roles in the film so I already had an idea of what I pictured them to be like. However I feel that Amanda really does Savannah proud even though there is a slight difference of hair colour with Savannah in the book being a brunette and in the film being a blonde. I am also a huge Channing Tatum fan and so he was a perfect fit for John, at least in my eyes anyway. Other characters that I pictured a certain way were very well translated into human form from the picture I had in my mind and I was very pleased with the characters chosen.
Characters...
In terms of characters I read the book first however I already knew what actors were playing the roles in the film so I already had an idea of what I pictured them to be like. However I feel that Amanda really does Savannah proud even though there is a slight difference of hair colour with Savannah in the book being a brunette and in the film being a blonde. I am also a huge Channing Tatum fan and so he was a perfect fit for John, at least in my eyes anyway. Other characters that I pictured a certain way were very well translated into human form from the picture I had in my mind and I was very pleased with the characters chosen.
No comments:
Post a Comment