This book is the second Nicholas Sparks book that I read and is almost as good as Dear John. When reading this one I didn't feel as strong a connection to it as Dear John but I still loved the story, it's an amazing plot with amazing characters and the ending is another tragic one. The book is relatively short making it easy to convert to film without losing a lot of the story, I would recommend this to anyone who has read Dear John.
Film...
The film is another very good one which I actually preferred more than Dear John which surprised me. The story really captivates the audience and I love the way the whole film is portrayed exactly like the book without missing out any important information essential to the story.
Comparison...
Plot...
The plot of the book and the film are relatively similar although I noticed that a few bits had been left out but it was nothing major that affected the storyline as with other films. The plot of the book is so distressing that it makes me cry every time I read it and I didn't think that the film could do the same thing but it really does. The actors and actresses are very good and they make their grief very believable. In both the book and film there are two love stories which are the focal point, the love between Ronnie and Will and the love between Ronnie and her father and brother. The love of the family is the main focus of the story and how we should never take family for grated is definitely a point stressed in this story.
Characters...
Ronnie is exactly how I pictured her in the book, however, again, the cast had already been casted and so I knew that Miley would be playing Ronnie, however I did not expect her to be so convincing in her role as Ronnie, she plays the rebellious teen well and through the film and book we notice Ronnie growing from a rebellious teenager who hates her family into and incredibly strong young woman. Another character that I adore in the film and the book is Jonah, he is only a child yet the actor was amazing, the way he portrayed the grief that Jonah felt was immense and I often find myself crying along with him. And Will. Who could not love Will? He is perfect and handsome and smart and when reading about him I fell in love with him.
Film...
The film is another very good one which I actually preferred more than Dear John which surprised me. The story really captivates the audience and I love the way the whole film is portrayed exactly like the book without missing out any important information essential to the story.
Comparison...
Plot...
The plot of the book and the film are relatively similar although I noticed that a few bits had been left out but it was nothing major that affected the storyline as with other films. The plot of the book is so distressing that it makes me cry every time I read it and I didn't think that the film could do the same thing but it really does. The actors and actresses are very good and they make their grief very believable. In both the book and film there are two love stories which are the focal point, the love between Ronnie and Will and the love between Ronnie and her father and brother. The love of the family is the main focus of the story and how we should never take family for grated is definitely a point stressed in this story.
Characters...
Ronnie is exactly how I pictured her in the book, however, again, the cast had already been casted and so I knew that Miley would be playing Ronnie, however I did not expect her to be so convincing in her role as Ronnie, she plays the rebellious teen well and through the film and book we notice Ronnie growing from a rebellious teenager who hates her family into and incredibly strong young woman. Another character that I adore in the film and the book is Jonah, he is only a child yet the actor was amazing, the way he portrayed the grief that Jonah felt was immense and I often find myself crying along with him. And Will. Who could not love Will? He is perfect and handsome and smart and when reading about him I fell in love with him.
No comments:
Post a Comment