Friday, 26 October 2012

Books to Films Series #6 - The Road

The Road - Cormac McCarthy
Book...

This one is a difficult one to write about simply because I was forced to read this book for higher English and I really didn't like it at all. The whole idea sounded really good and it was the first book of it's type that I read and I was surprised by how much I disliked it. The whole story was boring and repetitive and I didn't fall in love with any of the characters. Even the little boy who's name I can't even remember didn't catch my attention and I didn't care what happened to him.

Film...

The film was just as boring as the book was for me and really didn't make me anymore interested, I thought that maybe the film would help me to understand the book more but it only served to confuse me more. I really didn't like the film and the whole thing was really weird, very close to the book but not at all entertaining.

Comparison...

PLOT...

The plot of the film and book are very close which I wasn't expecting and if you loved the book I would definitely recommend the film to you but bear in mind it's a very melancholic book and the film is just as bad. But I know many people enjoyed the book and so those people may enjoy the film more than I did.

CHARACTERS...

I didn't connect with the characters at all in the book or the film, the characters are nameless and this added to my dislike of the characters, you would expect me to relate more to unnamed characters but for me it just made them all the more boring and unlikable.

No comments:

Post a Comment