Sunday, 30 June 2013

June Wrap Up 2013...

June Wrap Up

Hey everyone, So I can't believe it's the end of June already. It seems like just yesterday that I posted the May wrap up...Well actually it feels like 2 minutes ago, maybe because it was. I'm writing this in advance because I am really unsure as to whether i'll get to update this much towards the end of the month because of work but anyway here you go.

The first thing that I read this month was Perfect Match by Jodi Picoult 


This book was an intriguing one, the issues raised in this book were very poignant in todays society and it's definitely something unlike anything else i've ever read. I have done a full review of this book that I posted earlier on in the month, you can find that review here: http://themagicalworldofleg.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/perfect-match-by-jodi-picoult-review.html 

The second thing that I read this month was The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E Smith



This book was a really short on that I managed to read in a few short days, the idea was really cute and romantic and I absolutely loved the little story. It is definitely something that i'd read again and again and I hope to pick this one up again in the near future. The review for this one can be found here: http://themagicalworldofleg.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/the-statistical-probability-of-love-at.html

The next book that I read this month was Awake at Dawn by C. C. Hunter



This book is the sequel to Born at Midnight and carried on the story right where the last one left off, I read this pretty quickly and it was a really good continuation with just enough to keep me interested in the series as a whole, I am currently reading through the next book in the series and hopefully i'll get that finished soon.

Another book that I read was Going La La by Alexandra Potter



I'd been attempting to read this book for two years and I finally got around to it and i'm really glad I did. I stumbled upon Alexandra Potter when my step dad gave me one of her books when he spotted it in a book shop and I adored it so I just had to get another one of her books to see if I liked it as much as the first one which I did. My review of this one is here: http://themagicalworldofleg.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/going-la-la-by-alexandra-potter-review.html

This month was definitely a good one in terms of reading because I also finished Me and Mr Darcy by Alexandra Potter



This book was one that I read pretty quickly, I love this type of story and at the minute i'm really enjoying Alexandra Potter's work. This was another good one but it wasn't as good as Going La La, I didn't enjoy the characters as much and the story confused me a little but all in all it was a good little book.

Anyway that's all for this month, hopefully i'll get to read some more next month and finally find myself a job so that I can pay for my book obsession...

See you all next month,

Leigh xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment