Wednesday, 12 June 2013

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E Smith Review...

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight Review

Hey everyone,

So i'm here with another book review for you all. I managed to read this book in one day and just loved it so much that I wanted to share it with you all. 


The blurb of this book says: 

Who would have guessed that 4 minutes could change everything? Imagine if she hadn't forgotten the book. Or there hadn't been traffic on the expressway. Or if she hadn't fumbled the coins for the toll. What if she'd run just that little bit faster and caught the flight she was supposed to be on. Would it have been something else - the weather over the Atlantic or a fault with the plane? Hadley isn't sure if she believes in destiny or fate but, on what is potentially the worst day of each of their lives, it's the quirks of timing and chance events that mean Hadley meets Oliver. Set over a 24-hour-period, Hadley and Oliver's story will make you believe that true love finds you when you are least expecting it.

This book was such a sweet and cute romance and is definitely something quick that sucks you in, I honestly couldn't put this book down. The characters and the story is just heart warming and i'm definitely going to check out more from this author. 

PLOT

In terms of plot, this book is set over 24 hours while Hadley is on a flight from New York to London, it states at the beginning of each chapter the time both in New York and in London which I found to be a really nice touch which added to the fact that they were in a hurry. The fact that Hadley misses her flight and ends up on a later one much less the chance of them having seats beside each other is so romantic. This story is like a fairy tale and is definitely something that appeals to me, with it's gooey romance and story about family it's something that almost anyone would enjoy.

CHARACTERS

Hadley - Hadley is a typical 17 year old, she lives with her mum and they don't get along very well, she is clumsy and just a typical teenager. I really liked her character, she seemed to me to be easy to relate to and with books like this I find it easy to put myself in her shoes. She seems like she worries a lot which is something else that I can relate to.

Oliver - Oliver is one of my favourite male characters ever, he is tall and handsome but he is also a gentleman which is such a nice trait to have. He is caring and is only worried about Hadley and the love that is forming between them. They make such a cute couple in my mind and I love them together.

All in all this book was a very short, quick read that I read in a day. I honestly couldn't put this book down and i'd really recommend it to anyone who likes anything gooey and romantic. Definitely a good summer read for sure.

Thanks for reading 

Leigh xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment