Friday, 7 June 2013

Perfect Match by Jodi Picoult Review

Perfect Match Review

Hey everyone, so i'm here with another review for you all,

This book is simply amazing, the serious issue which is raised is written about very sensitively and it definitely shows a deeper message about the unconditional love of a mother

The back of the book reads:

As an assistant district attorney, Nina Frost prosecutes the sort of crimes that tear families apart. But, when Nina and her husband discover that their five-year-old son Nathaniel has been sexually abused, it is her own family that is devastated.
The world Nina inhabits now seems different from the one she lived in yesterday: the lines between family and professional life are erased, and answers to questions she thought she knew are no longer easy to find.
Overcome by anger and desperate for vengeance, Nina ignites a battle that may cause her to lose the very thing she is fighting for.

PLOT 

In terms of plot the story to this book is definitely not like anything that I have read before, this true to life tale is devastating and shows the consequences not only on a sexually abused child but also on the families and the discovery to find who did it as well as what lengths a mother will go to to get justice for her son. The story really drew me in and I managed to read this book in a number of days and the twists and turns really kept me on the edge of my seat. This book has given me a good taste for Jodi Picoult's writing style and I will definitely pick up another one of her books in the future to see if it can live up to this one.

CHARACTERS

Nina: Nina is a typical mother, she works too hard and she loves her son more than anything in the world. She wants revenge for what happened to her son and will go to any lengths to get it. 

Nathaniel: I never expected to read a book which had perspectives from a 5 year old child that would actually be written like the way a 5 year old child thinks but this is written extremely well, I found myself in tears through this book upon discovering what this poor little innocent child has been through. 

Caleb: Caleb kind of annoyed me at times, he just didn't have much personality and I really didn't like reading about him. He seemed uncaring at times and wasn't truly thinking about his son or wife and what they are feeling.

Patrick: I adore Patrick, I really ship him and Nina together. He clearly loves her, a lot more than her husband does and I just really think they would make a cute couple. I liked his character and how he would do anything for Nina because he loves her.

All in all this book was a very interesting one and is definitely something that I recommend,

Leigh xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment