Saturday, 1 June 2013

May Wrap Up 2013...

May Wrap Up

Hey everyone, so it's that time of the month again so it's time for my monthly wrap up.

This month I read a few books and there was also a read-a-thon on for a whole week, unfortunately I had an exam on the Tuesday but I did read as much as possible during the week.  

The first book that I read was Can You Keep A Secret? by Sophie Kinsella



This was such a good little book, the storyline was interesting and the characters were really likable. The story basically revolves around the main character Emma and the fact that she reveals all of her inner-most secrets to a stranger on a plane not realising that he actually owns the company that she works for. This is a nice little romantic/funny book and is something that really appeals to me because it reminds me of my own book in many ways. I will definitely pick this one up again in the future because I thoroughly enjoyed it. You can check out my review of this book here: http://themagicalworldofleg.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/can-you-keep-secret-by-sophie-kinsella.html

The second book that I read was Dead Reckoning by Charlaine Harris.


As you all know i'm absolutely in love with this series and this book was definitely one of the better ones in the series so far, I loved the way that the plot developed through the course of this book and although i'm nearing the end of this series i'm still enjoying it just as much as the first book. I wont reveal anything about the plot on here because I know not all of you will have read this but I hope that you all at least give this series a go because I thought it was particularly well written.

The third book that I read in May was The Prince by Keira Cass



This little short story/novella was something that I discovered the other day and I read it in about half an hour, it only has about 6 chapters but really shows The Selection from the point of view of someone else. The plot is short and sweet and it is definitely something that i'd recommend to people who are reading the trilogy just to give them that little something extra to add to the already brilliant trilogy.

The fourth book that I read this month was Deadlocked by Charlaine Harris


This book was a really good one, it didn't take me long at all to read and really got me excited for the final book in the series, i'm not looking forward to this series ending because i've loved it so much but at least then i'll get to read it all over again. This book was really good and definitely one of the better ones in the series.

The fifth book that I read in May was A Dance With Dragons Part 1 by George R R Martin


I finally finished this book, it took a while and it was a little long and painful but definitely worth it in the end, not yet ready to make a start on part 2 but perhaps when I start my new job and have an hour long train journey every day. 

And finally the one that I left out Born At Midnight by C. C. Hunter


This was a nice little read, the storyline was really good and it was definitely something that appeals to me. It reminded me a little bit of the House of Night series but only a little. The idea that all of the supernaturals go to a special camp was interesting and I can't wait to read another few books in the series.

Anyway that's all this month 

Speak to you all soon 

Leigh xoxo








No comments:

Post a Comment