Hey everyone,
So we all know i'm not the fittest person in the world but i'm looking to do a little more exercise, eat a little better and tone up in general. I have a few little things that I am changing about my diet as well as my exercise regime which I thought I might share with you all.
1. Avoiding Snacking
Now I absolutely hate the word diet. It gives me no motivation whatsoever and so this is probably why I struggle and so instead of naming this a diet i'm not naming it anything at all. The first thing that I decided to do was to stop snacking through the day, i'd find myself eating snacks even when I wasn't hungry just for the fact that I was bored and so by keeping busy it keeps me away from the snacks. Whenever I feel like I might want to snack on something I tend to try and drink some more juice to distract myself from wanting to eat and so always having juice made up and ready to go really benefits me.
2. Drinking Water
I absolutely hate water with a passion so instead I have opted for diluting juice, and what's more I put this into a water bottle throughout the day just refilling it when it's empty. I find it much easier to keep drinking without realising when I have the bottle to hand and don't have to go and fill up a glass every half hour. I have been alternating my juices also because I find that I get bored of one very quickly so my top juices are Robinsons Cloudy Lemon, Robinsons Summer Fruits and Robinsons Apple diluting juice. Another thing that I have found is that drinking juice is a lot more fun if it is frozen and so after making up a bottle and then putting it in the freezer makes you feel like you are snacking on ice lollies when actually it's just what you would be drinking anyway.
3. More Exercise
I found that during the day I was sitting around either reading or on the computer and when I did that I would see adverts or people eating and through boredom i'd go and pick up snacks to snack on through the day. So now i'm actually getting in two 30 minute walks every day and it makes me feel great when I get home. I started off walking really fast and trying to beat my score but i'm now finding that I can do just as much exercise with less pain to my shins if I do a more gentle walk and so it twice a day rather than just once.
4. Step Counter
You'll be amazed how much better you feel when you actually measure the amount of steps that you do in a day, with my two 30 minute walks i'm finding that i'm doing almost 7000 steps which is probably about 6000 more than I was doing last week. I got a step counter app on my phone as well as an app that measures my activity when I go out. These apps are both available on the Apple App store and are called Pacer, which is an app that measures your steps throughout the day, just make sure that you have it open and Runtastic Pedometer which you start before you go walking and it calculates your steps, average speed and how long you walked for, this app really makes me feel good because it shows how much work that I have done during a walk however it does not calculate a whole days worth of walking so that is why I keep pacer on the go all the time. With pacer you can also enter your weight and it will appear Green, Orange or Red depending on how overweight you are, this means that as you change the weight as it drops you will find it moves into different colours. There is also the option to put in your blood pressure and it tells you whether you are at risk of high blood pressure again with the green, orange and red.
5. Doing More Around The House
Just moving around through the day is helping me to feel more active and actually makes me feel like I have more energy, this time last week I would get up at around 11am and then sit around all day before going for a sleep in the afternoon, this way i'm more awake and I sleep better at night without napping during the day. I've found that just walking around the house is really helping me and also making sure that I have my phone in my pocket at all times to count the steps they really begin to add up. I also dance while I do the dishes and so this is me getting more exercise while I do jobs around the house to help my mum out which benefits us both.
I hope this post was helpful to someone and if anyone wants to ask anything feel free to comment below,
Talk to you soon,
Leigh xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment